Online safety activities you can do from home
These are broken up into ages and include quick activities, films and plenty more fun ways to engage with your children. From identifying fake news to online bullying – there is plenty for you and your family to use.
- For 3-7 year olds – https://www.childnet.com/resources/online-safety-activities-you-can-do-from-home/for-3-7-year-olds-
- For 7-11 year olds – https://www.childnet.com/resources/online-safety-activities-you-can-do-from-home/for-7-11-year-olds-
Home Activity Packs
This page (the above web link) has been created to support parents during COVID-19 and the closure of schools. Each fortnight, www.thinkuknow.co.uk will be releasing new home activity packs with simple 15 minute activities you can do with your child to support their online safety at a time when they will spending more time online at home.
Parents and Carers Helpsheets – If you haven’t already, the first thing to do is read our Parents and Carers Helpsheets – there is one for primary and one for secondary. These contain key online safety advice and links to our resources, as well as support services.
Home activity packs – Once you have read the Helpsheets, click on the links below to download your first home activity packs for each age range.
Each pack contains two 15 minute activities to do with your child, using Thinkuknow resources.
For Early Years and Primary:
Below are some other useful links to help you:
- Internet matters (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Parent info (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- LGfL (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)